Reduce Our Carbon Charitable Foundation
FOR A CLIMATE SECURE & SUSTAINABLE WORLD
Our nonprofit, Reduce Our Carbon Charitable Foundation, is helping to accelerate the move to a sustainable, low carbon economy for both individuals & businesses worldwide by funding programs that offset carbon emissions or helping with emission avoidance. ROCCF promote, for the public benefit, the conservation, protection and improvement of the physical and natural environment through the prevention or mitigation of human’s impact on climate change.
- funding directly or making grants to charities and organisations that take positive action to prevent or mitigate the causes and/or effects of human influenced climate change
- funding directly activities that take positive action to prevent or mitigate the causes and/or effects of human influenced climate change
- educating the public about the causes and impacts of climate change and the need to take action in order to prevent or mitigate it
- promoting ways to reduce the impact of human activity that contributes to climate change
We all emit 5–20 tons of carbon dioxide (CO₂) to the atmosphere every year. To counter the adverse effects of our emissions, we need to take action and remove CO₂ from the atmosphere. Reduce Our Carbon help with both your past and present CO₂ emissions.
“THE SIMPLEST CARBON DIOXIDE REMOVAL APPROACH IS TO PLANT A TREE”
A carbon offset is a reduction in emissions of carbon dioxide or other greenhouse gases made in order to compensate for emissions made elsewhere. Offsets are measured in tonnes of carbon dioxide-equivalent (CO2e). One tonne of carbon offset represents the reduction of one tonne of carbon dioxide or its equivalent in other greenhouse gases. Globally, more than 80 percent of forests are being destroyed. The act which is called deforestation includes clear-cutting for agricultural purposes, fires, degradation due to climate change, ranching and development.
Trees play a very important role in the water cycle as they ground the water in their roots and then release it into the atmosphere. Without this act done by the trees, the climate will become dryer, and yet only 20 percent of trees are being protected.
Individuals can use the FREE carbon footprint calculator linked below.
How We Do This
- Investing in high quality international carbon reduction projects, making your business carbon neutral and achieving your CSR goals
- Planting trees to offset your calculated emissions
- Many of the carbon offsetting projects also provide additional benefits such as biodiversity, education, jobs, food security, clean drinking water and heath & well-being in developing countries.
- Our portfolio of carbon offset projects focuses on high quality using Certified Emission Reductions (CERs), Gold Standard CERs, Gold Standard Verified Emission Reductions (VERs) and Verified Carbon Standard (VCS) certified credits. All of our projects meet the stringent requirements of the Quality Assurance Standard (QAS) for Carbon Offsetting.
United Kingdom Reforestation – to fund and set-up tree planting days in the UK
Central American Reforestation – helping to offset emissions where it is needed most in developing countries